Miami is a very popular spring break city. Every year thousands of college kids make their way to Miami’s famous beaches for endless parties. It’s also a fun family destination with plenty of attractions for all ages. Here are our top tips on spending spring break with your kids in Miami.
Hit the beach
Miami spring break vacations are always about the beach. There are lots of options to choose from – ranging from expensive private beaches to more affordable stretches of sand.
Some of the best family-friendly beaches in South Florida include:
· North Hollywood Beach Park
· Crandon Park Beach
· Matheson Hammock Park Beach
· North Shore Open Space Park
Hop on a City Tour Bus
Bring the kids along and explore this fun city on your own. Open-top buses will take you to attractions like South Beach, Little Havana, Art Deco District, Coconut Grove, and Villa Vizcaya.
You can also tour places of interest on water while riding a famous Miami duck boat.
Spend a Day at Key West
If your kids are old enough to travel on long road trips, hop on a bus and head out to Key West. An island in the Straits of Florida, Key West is the southernmost tip of the Continental United States.
Key West is famous for its water sports, beaches, and historic sites. Dip your feet in the sand of Smathers Beach or go swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, or parasailing.
If you are vacationing with your four-legged best friend, the best place to run off-leash and splash around is Dog Beach.
Rest Beach offers a beautiful view of the Atlantic Ocean. Lie on the beach, relax, and enjoy one of the most breathtaking sunrises you’ll ever see.
Visit Art and Science Museums
If the weather is too hot and you want to spend the day indoors, take the kids to the museum for some artsy attractions.
· Pérez Art Museum Miami. At the PAMM, your tour includes a 45-minute tour of the gallery space. All exhibits are open to young children.
· Vizcaya Museum. This unique museum includes an orchidarium, so you’ll be able to view twentieth century European art and architecture together with lush period gardens.
· Miami Children’s Museum. Featuring exhibits for children of all ages – even toddlers – the Miami Children’s Museum is a totally interactive experience that encourages cultural, technological, and artistic learning through exploration and play.
· Miami Science Museum. Kids will love the science and natural history museums, local birds of prey museum, and a terrific planetarium and laser show.
Explore Wildlife, Flora, and Fauna
Before the original Disneyland even opened its gates, American kids were flocking to Jungle Island (formerly Parrot Jungle), Monkey Jungle, and the Miami Seaquarium for their annual vacation.
· Monkey Jungle. This 30-acre wildlife park is home to more than 300 primates. Established in 1935 exclusively for the exhibition and study of endangered monkeys, Monkey Jungle has around 18 different species running loose in their semi-natural habitat.
· Zoo Miami. The largest and oldest zoological garden in Florida, it is also the only sub-tropical zoo in the Continental United States. The unique climate in South Florida makes it possible for Zoo Miami to house a variety of creatures from Asia, Australia, and Africa. You’ll be able to pet and feed selected animals, too.
The 750-acre Zoo Miami is now home to more than 500 animal species – around 40 of which are endangered. A total of 3,000 animals and 1,000 species of trees, palms and other plants can be found at Zoo Miami.
· Miami Seaquarium. Known for its rescue and rehabilitation efforts, the Miami Seaquarium offers a fantastic viewing experience of hundreds of aquatic creatures.
Founded in 1955, this 38-acre oceanarium is one of the oldest in the United States. In addition to exhibits of marine mammals, fish, sharks, sea turtles, birds, reptiles, and manatees, the park hosts overnight camps as well as dolphin, sea lion, and orca shows. Kids can also enjoy a face-to-face encounter with an endangered manatee or watch feeding sessions of 200-pound sharks.
How Joe’s Moving Can Help in Your Next Vacation
Maybe you need a storage facility or are interested in moving to Miami? Joe’s Moving can help! Contact us today for a free quote.